daily parcels * tied up in string *: memories are made of this ~ August 1 <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

August 01, 2005

memories are made of this ~ August 1

Sunday school ~
I attended Sunday school when I was a little girl & each week we would have to learn and recite a bible verse..if we did it correctly we would receive a little card that we could stick in our book. On our birthdays we would be given a little card wall plaque with a bible verse on it and always a gorgeous picture * usually flowers. I was cleaning out my photos over the weekend and found my mum's bible card book as well as many of the wall cards. I am lucky enought to have a large collection of my own, my mums and even some of my dear Nans and I thought maybe it would be a lovely idea to share them here....so every Sunday, I will put one for the week......




oh, I know it's not Sunday but I just couldn't wait til next week ! enjoy !

9 Comments:

Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

What a wonderful, wonderful treasure! Thank you for sharing this with us.....it is precious.
My dear Mom just died this past February from advanced Alzheimer's. It is such a sad, mean disease and I miss her so! Of course, I "lost" her many years ago due to "The Long Goodbye" but how I cherish the little things of hers that I still have.
Bless you and your sweet memories.

10:29 am  
Blogger Alice said...

Sharing those cards, memories and verses with us is just the loveliest thing. I'll certainly look forward to them. This first one is one of my very favourite verses as it's the very basis of the entire Christian faith.

11:11 am  
Blogger Shell said...

Oh, what a treat your blog is! I wandered here through another aussie blog and was delighted at what I found! I am a vintage lover too - although it sounds as though you live vintage in every way! It sounds lovely. I'm definitely making myself some lavender water today so that I can spray it around my house.

11:25 am  
Blogger Shell said...

Ha! The "other Aussie blog" was Alice's! =)

11:28 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Your post and old-fashioned Bible card are just so special. They refresh the soul and give glory to God. Thats how I feel, uplifted to see that. We have just one card like that and it came from my husbands Grandfather. I'll look forward to seeing more from you. I'll have to scan ours and post it. Your post brought this to mind "bring me out the illustrated card thats on the mantlepiece. The Lord's prayer is on it and you'll devote your spare time this afternoon to learning it off by heart" (Marilla speaking to Anne in Anne of Green Gables.)

9:11 am  
Blogger Kali said...

How lucky you are to still have these precious cards ms*robyn! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of them.

9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely keepsakes to have. I can't wait to see more of them

4:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty Robyn, I think my mum has probably got some of those tucked away in her drawer.

6:42 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I remember getting those cards at Sunday School too, Robyn, but goodness knows what happened to them. Small things tend to get lost between marriages and house moves! I did treasure my collection though, when I was a child.

1:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home