daily parcels * tied up in string *: brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

August 01, 2005

brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this

from brown paper parcels on April 17, 2005, I wrote:

when I was a teenager, Dolly (the magazine) was first published. There was an article on 'grandmas beauty tips'. Of course being the vintage girl that I was/am I grabbed it ..and tried a couple.
The first was to use an egg in your hair to make it shine . I whipped the egg up, washed my hair and massaged the egg mix through. However I mustn't have rinsed it out properly and all that day, I could smell rotten egg !!
another one was to use a blackened match for mascara. Oh this is great I thought.... so I lit a match blew it out ( we dont want to set our lashes on fire now, do we? ) and put it to my eyelashes.. of course it was still hot and my eyelashes sizzled... not a good sight . how funny though !!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

Oh my........I did the egg thing once, years ago in my foolish girlhood days.
Guess the rinse water was too hot because I wound up trying to get scrambled eggs out of my hair! The egg whites congealed!
Beer is good for your hair.......makes a great healthy shine and you don't have the smell or the lumps!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Kali said...

Oh thanks for that visual and the laughs...how funny! I love nancourt's story too....ewwww!

My sis, was a fan of Dolly too ~ and I can remember her raiding the fridge and locking herself away in the bathroom and bedroom (we shared) for hours...oh, I've got to call her sometime this week and have a laugh reminiscing.

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home