daily parcels * tied up in string *: a woman of leisure & the rantings of a mad woman <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

June 04, 2006

a woman of leisure & the rantings of a mad woman


or there abouts - that's me. I toddled of to the healing centre and not one person came in. I have decided that hanging around doing nothing is not for me, so I kindly told the woman who owns it that I won't be back unless she has appointments for me. So, I called the cancer support centre here and put my name down for volunteer healing - we will see where that goes. I know deep in my soul that I will be doing healing work - but it is up to the angels just when and where - patience is what I am needing.
So I am back to square one. I feel like a demented soul right now - do you ever get like that? being pulled in many different directions, just not quite knowing who you are? searching for something and not knowing what? is it a midlife crisis? or am I completely and utterly batty?
or is it time for me to reflect? Maybe it is time to get right back into Simple Abundance -I am missing you all so, specially ms*diva - and feeling very, very guilty about not visiting * hey friends of mine - I am trying to get back on track here - hopefully I will be over to visit your blogs this week. Can you keep me in your prayers?

16 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I think that all of us struggle with what our purpose in life really is. No need to feel guilty...take the time you need for you, and visit when you can...we are here for you!
Hugs to you dear....xo

9:31 am  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I know how you must be feeling, its awful when you are really keen to do something and it comes to nothing. I recently volunteered to organise and run a local history group and on the first meeting only the organiser of the centre and one other person turned up, although many people had said they were interested in the idea. The next session I organised had to be cancelled on the day as the centre's alarm system could not be turned off. I am going to have one more try and if that doesn't work will leave the idea until September, in the hope that people have less things to do and places to go in the Autumn. I'm not prepared to give up yet and I'm sure your crystal and oils healing will work out for you.

9:43 am  
Blogger Rosa said...

Always! You are always in my prayers. Your time will come when it's right. Just hang in there. You will be needed. {{{{{hugs}}}}

11:07 am  
Blogger Heather said...

Perhaps you could put an advertisement in your local paper. Volunteer healing at the cancer centre is a wonderful idea. Is it something that could be done online in any way? I admit I don't know alot about this.

11:42 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

Miss Diva sends you lots of love and kisses! And I of course am sending prayers. Hugs my friend and thanks again for working so hard on the swaps.

11:42 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

When one door shuts, another opens. That just wasn't the right time and place for you, dear lady. Everything happens for a reason, and when you find your niche, all will become clear.

11:53 am  
Blogger Kali said...

We all have our struggles, and sometimes it seems that they are overwhelming. I am sure it is all unfolding as it should for you and I know it will all get better for you. You certainly are not mad or demented.
I've missed you heaps, and know that you will be back when you are ready...there is no need to feel guilty ~ you are following your path and working out what is right for ms*r.
I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep well special lady :)

1:13 pm  
Blogger Calidore said...

Dear Ms Robyn. You are always in my prayers. Life will work out for you - just sit back, take a deep breath and wait....your purpose in life will be revealed when the time is right. Hugs

2:08 pm  
Blogger Kristy said...

Before I start I am in no way having a go at you Ms Robyn just trying to give you another side to ponder-okay?Maybe you sitting at the healing centre and just waiting is a kind of healing anyway.People don't always come forward for healing but just knowing that someone is giving their time to sit and wait offers them a sense of hope and therefore healing in turn.

6:39 pm  
Blogger Gena said...

I know how you feel Ms Robyn! all of my courses I have been so keen on attending have fell by the wayside,I guess now is just not the right time for me or for you,that doesnt mean forever,just not now! perhaps something else really special is just around the corner,I do hope so my friend,lets just relax into our vintage lifestyle for a little while and see what happens,I am looking forward to the tea time swap,thank you for organising that!I have had the worst weekend and its little treats like that which cheer me and heal me,see you are a healer!

3:40 am  
Blogger Laurie said...

Saying my prayers and angel hugs your way Robyn! Patience is something I struggle with everyday,I know things will work out for you!

6:09 am  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Keep your chin up, everything will work out in the end :) Thinking of you.

7:49 pm  
Blogger Gail said...

A little advice from a true Batty woman, do not try to find reasons just accept and go forward, your way is not apparent yet, but be patient stay true to your beliefs and it will happen. You are touching people thru your Blog, so maybe this is for now. Hugs gail

8:15 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Now that you are a reiki 2 Robyn how about doing some 'distance healing'... I know th benefits of such work... Whilst you aren't up 'close and personal' it is still well received... I agree with the others - sometimes we just have to run down the corridor of life to get in that newly opened door...I too know the pain of waitinuntil the next part of the journey is revealed - and as you well know sometimes it is not as we imagined it to be... What is that adage about getting what we need and not what we want - I certainly have found that to be true.... Take care my lovely and just relax... Remeber life has a way of unfolding as it will...

6:57 am  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I have to agree with Kristy, those were the thoughts I wanted to write here....
jut like your blog...think of the others who come by yet never leave a comment, you are touching their lives too.
The healing hand of God that works through us without our knowing, is pure love!

5:03 pm  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

I'm sorry to read that you've got disappointed Robyn, but your time will come! Hugs xox

5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home