daily parcels * tied up in string *: oh where have you been? <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

May 31, 2006

oh where have you been?


after a few emails asking if I am ok - I thought I should probably post something here - so you won't all worry your pretty heads or think I am an absolute rubbish friend.....
it is winter and although I love it, when it gets cold, I ache. So I snuggle. The aches are deep in my bones - a legacy from the radiation, so I am told. So I have been lighting my fire as soon as I get up, doing my housework then snuggling under a vintage eiderdown and reading the Harry Potter series, yet again. Oh, how that resonates with me! I am sure I was a witch in a past life !
I haven't even visited blogs for a few days as I am not sitting at the computer for very long either. Just enough to answer emails - nor have I sorted the tea swap out. That is on my list for tonight. ooh I am so sorry !
I must also admit that the past few weeks in blogland, with all that happened ~ affected me more than I thought. It has taken the fun away and I feel I have nothing more to say...and surely that is not me !!!! I am trying so hard to get motivated but it is like I have a weariness in my soul. So dear friends ~ please don't give up on me - this is just a hiccough on my blogging road... I am sure those daily mutterings of mine with be back soon.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Sounds like you are doing the right thing...taking it easy.
I wasn't worried about you because I could sense that you were alright.
I'm glad I missed all the shennanigans on blogland whilst I was having my break, it all sounds pretty sad.
Nuture and nourish yourself ms*robyn ~ we miss you, and will enjoy having you post when you are ready. Love to You xoxo

7:37 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

I thought you might be enjoying your home and fall garden. Take care. I guess I am in the right spot in blogland cause I didn't even know there was any shannanigans going on. Enjoy your cozy fire and I will try to enjoy this very hot weather we are having here. :)

8:47 am  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wrapping up warm is the best thing to do. It is supposed to be summer here but I have just turned on the heater.

Your pixie has the right answer:
ahugddzl which I read to be a hug and zzzz :)

7:31 pm  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well - I hope you feel better soon. Take your eiderdown and a good book and continue to snuggle - I know I feel like doing the same things in winter! :) Take care of yourself.

8:15 pm  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

I have no idear about as kali & peggy put it....... SHANNANIGANS! going on but all I can say is I am so new here and loving being a blogger that with all us newies eager and cheerful it may but a stop to any other nonsence. I am pleased you are having a bit of time to yourself and sometimes that is all it needs to recharge the batteries knowing there are old friends and new ones also! out here who care is a help too I am sure.

I am very happy to have met you and so many others and please know I am here for you should you need a fresh! face to have a chat with.

10:19 pm  
Blogger Cookie said...

You are in the best place Ms.Robyn....hunkering down with a good book and a vintage eiderdown....and dont forget the steaming pot of delicious tea. Plenty of time later to blog. Best Wishes to you always.....Hugssss

11:16 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

My sympathy is with you and your aches, Robyn. I ache too, but for a different reason (for which I am grateful now, having read yours). My work as a Home Carer leaves me aching all over at the end of the three days that I work, so once a fortnight I indulge myself in a half hour remedial massage at a local massage parlour....NO! Oops, wrong title! Not 'parlour' - health centre is better!
Seriously, at $55 a pop, it is expensive, but to me worth every cent for the relief it gives me. Dear little Harry P - aren't you just bursting for the next book?? Do you ever watch "Charmed" on t.v.? I started watching it by accident a while ago, and now I'm hooked! Lots of fun - although certain people in blogland would be very disapproving...are you worried?

1:22 am  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Oh Robin, fly up to the blue sky and smile at the littlness below, sing your song, any will do, we like to dance to your tune, happy, sad, fearful, new and old, of things untold and prayers in different tongues, You are the Robin that set hearts dancing...Like you said to me long long ago when I had a crazy person saying terribly insulting things on my blog...Let the Nutters roll away!

2:28 am  
Blogger Gena said...

Oh Robyn! poor you! take it easy and let Harry potter work his magic,oh and try doing a chakra cleanse with your crystals! hope you feel better soon darling.xxx

3:04 am  
Blogger Mindy said...

Please take care fo you!! This is what matters most! Snuggle up my friend and the cold weather! Blessings...xo

3:18 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes Ms*R, snuggling is just the thing at the moment :)
I have achey bones in the cold weather too, and like you the fire gets lit first thing and I huddle around it for quite some time in the mornings! LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon, enjoy HP (love those books), and be happy :)

Hugs xxx

6:23 am  
Blogger Rosa said...

I agree with tongue in cheek. Let it all go and start anew. I know it's hard to forget hurt hearts, but you can do it! Stay well and stay warm my friend.

12:54 pm  
Blogger Laurie said...

Dear Robyn,
Take care of yourself,and blog only when you feel like it ~ take all the time you need. Sometimes we just need to step back and focus on just ourselves.

3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home