daily parcels * tied up in string *: memories are made of this <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

May 23, 2006

memories are made of this

pale little dandelion, in her white shroud
heareth the angel breeze call from a cloud
tiny plumes fluttering make no delay
little winged dandelion soareth away

today, I decided to go for a long walk. It was bitterly cold, having snowed last night just 10 mins away so I braved the elements, donned my scarf and jacket and trotted off up the road. It was deliciously lovely. All the autumn leaves swirling! I noticed dandelions growing here and there in gardens (I don't consider them a weed) and it took me back to when I was a little girl and truly believed (and knew) that if you picked a dandelion and made a wish as you blew the seed heads away in the wind then the faeries would grab this wish and make it come true. How about,we nurture that little girl inside of each one of us and go and make wishes with dandelions and send them off to the faeries? - Walt Disney believed that dreams come true (me too)

"these little earth stars...shimmering on the lawn"
E.P.ROE

12 Comments:

Blogger Gena said...

Oh How lovely Ms Robyn! and I agree wholeheartedly with the principle,there is a great deal being written in the English press just now,regarding "cosmic ordering" astrologers believe if you want something bad enough and ask the universe for it,providing your intentions are good,then your wishes will manifest eventually,wouldnt it be great if we all asked for world peace!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Thank you for welcoming me to the blogging world. My name Daisy Lupin is my blogging name, Daisy was my childhood nickname and I added Lupin because they are my second favourite flower and I remember them growing all over my grandfather's garden. He loved lupins and phlox. I could not use my first favourite flower- Sweetpea- because that is my pet name for my daughter. I will be introducing myself to more people in the blogging world very soon but I am still busy learning what seems to me like complicated things such as uploading images etc!

7:26 pm  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

We're doing this only when we find a four leave clover over here!

9:32 pm  
Blogger Jenny said...

My daughter gets first dibs on all the dandelion heads we find but I think she makes wishes for me as well.

10:15 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Not only do I remember doing that as a child, I still do it occasionally - just to see all those seeds wafting away, especially on a windy day. Also fun to do it in front of your pets - dogs just look puzzled, but cats will go crazy trying to catch the seeds!

10:35 pm  
Blogger Cookie said...

Such a lovely idea Robyn. We should revive all the things we did as children and relive the magic we felt back then. Great post! Hugssss

11:35 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

My heart sighed with happiness and contentment after reading this entry.

1:10 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

the grandkids and I like to pick the dandelions and wish. Now that its summer we are searching for 4 leaf clovers for good luck.

4:48 am  
Blogger Rosa said...

Snow! So soon? I too would pick dandelions. The last time I did, a pretty bouquet for my mom, I broke out in hives. It was my first allergy at about 8. I am no longer allowed to enjoy them as I once did, and definately no dandylion wine! (So glad to see you're back and up to your usual beautiful writings.)

11:33 am  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

nuturing and norishing...you are such a gift!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Everydaythings said...

I hope you didnt wet the bed!!! after touching the dandelion?? lol...in the UK we had a saying that if you blow on the dandelion you will wet the bed!! lol....It made me scred to go near them!

11:10 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

ggsuqpzzThe dandelions were a sea of yellow on our lawn for a while(funny, I just posted a pic and mentioned it on my latest post). We complain about how untidy they make our lawns look, and how they are so hard to mow off, but the bright yellow sure is pretty in the early spring.
Go see the dandelion picks on Sandy's (in Canada.."My Garden"...link on my blog) blog. You'll love the one with the water drops. It's gorgeous!
when I was a little girl living in Emu Plains I used to think the spider webs on the lawn (very early in the morning when the dew was on them) were fairy nests :)

12:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home