daily parcels * tied up in string *: and a crooked apple tree <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6170455123144345630', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Culburra Beach , NSW, Australia

I live in Australia, my ancestry is in Cornwall. a Celt. a hedgewitch of sorts. I am an Earth Healer. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. A gypsy. An eccentric. a mystic. I am a searcher, a seeker, a pilgrim on Earth. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. I love to dream, to walk and to wonder

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

March 13, 2006

and a crooked apple tree


I want to have a little house
with sunlight on the floor
A chimney with a rosy hearth,
and lilacs by the door
with windows looking
east and west
AND A CROOKED APPLE TREE
and room beside the
garden fence
For hollyhocks to be!
- Nancy Byrd Turner-
I have loved this poem for years, since reading it in Country Living, Gardener in 1998, years before I moved into our home, here in Woodford. And guess what? I have just about all of it now.Except for hollyhocks, I struggle with those, year after year. This year I am determined to get some growing.I was a little worried what you were all thinking about me yesterday, dancing around with my tail feathers 'round my apple tree * seems most of you think it is perfectly normal. Just like something out of the divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood. But just wanted to share a few pictures of my gorgeous old apple tree - then you will know why I will be sad if it died. However, I have all the nature spirits, saints and angels & devic forces from every religion and belief imaginable, healing this tree - it will surely be ok.

6 Comments:

Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Oh your tree is lovely. I hope it gets better.

Take care,
Connie

5:32 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

That breaks my heart.. trees have their own spirits and reflect emotions (I believe) and this saddens me to think about. I do hope your tree gets better soon too. I have missed reading your words these past few days and am very glad to be 'home'.

Every time you post the word 'Woodford' I blush ;)
Woodford is in New South Wales you know!

9:18 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

It's a beautiful old apple tree Robyn and I send my best whishes for good health to him!

12:11 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

The perfect tree to sit under with a cup of tea and refect on the days events. I am sure with all the positive energy the tree is getting it is getting stronger every day.

12:21 am  
Blogger pat winter said...

I love that poem. I live in that house it describes! Lilacs at the door,crooked apple tree and all! I hope yours recovers soon.
http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/

6:52 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I love the poem too!It's the first I've heard it. How special..reminds me of 'Anne's House of Dreams, by L.M.Montgomery.

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home