daily parcels * tied up in string *: brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this ~ April*9-2005* <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

July 14, 2005

brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this ~ April*9-2005*

my grandfather died when I was about 12 or so. I don't have alot of memories of him but I can remember that he was a passionate gardener, much like me. I just wish I had been a little older so that I could have absorbed all the knowledge that he tried to impart when we were on our wanders around his garden ~ I remember ~ aluminium pie dishes hanging in his fruit trees, to keep the birds from his fruit * jackpots full of a mix of sugar, vegimite and water to lure the fruit fly * herbs and vegies growing among his prize flowers * all this was organic gardening and I seem to have inherited his passion for it.
So ~I am continuing on and promise to try to adhere to all things organic ~
it is so hard though when I go down to my vegie garden and find that the slugs have had an overnight party in my new turnips or those white butterflys start discovering my cabbages and broccoli , is it worth all the trouble ? YES ! to get rid of as many chemicals as we can from our lives must be a plus !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home