daily parcels * tied up in string *: we WILL remember them <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6170455123144345630', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Culburra Beach , NSW, Australia

I live in Australia, my ancestry is in Cornwall. a Celt. a hedgewitch of sorts. I am an Earth Healer. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. A gypsy. An eccentric. a mystic. I am a searcher, a seeker, a pilgrim on Earth. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. I love to dream, to walk and to wonder

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

April 25, 2006

we WILL remember them


the beginning of the term we know - 'the little aussie battler' - strong, young men, sent to fight for our wonderful country. Some never to return.
and of course, today is the day that we simply must make ANZAC BISCUITS and if we have the chance, we play two-up - oh my pa loved that game !! illegal as it was!
LEST WE FORGET

7 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Yes we shall never forget them!! My father was in WW2...oh the stories he would tell us...have a wonderful day dear...xo

4:23 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

Did you ever hear the story about princess mary and the copper boxes? I heard it for the first time yesterday.... a wonderful anzac tale..something good out of all the bag. Remember them we shall, and their memories will live on. hugs xox

4:31 pm  
Blogger Cookie said...

Not only will we remember them but we are ever grateful. hugsss

6:47 pm  
Blogger dolly said...

Ms*R, as a 1940s fan and being very interested in wartime I have read sooo many stories, seen so many documentaries and generally been very interested in what happened to real people in the wars...but always I have been ashamed of how my generation seemed oblivious to what went on and the sacrifices made...today in Australia I feel proud and very emotional that Australia recognizes and celebrates all those who fought and died. I am proud to remember anyone, whatever nationality that left his or her home, to protect their homeland

7:13 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

no...never forget...

11:53 pm  
Blogger Flossy said...

No we shall never forget the brave young men and women who protected our country...

Just wanted to let you know, I am officially back :)

7:12 am  
Blogger Amy said...

It's nice to see you and Nicole have posted about Anzac day too, we need to pass this reminder onto our children too so they can share it with the generations to come.

3:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home