daily parcels * tied up in string *: brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

September 08, 2005

brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this

from brown paper parcels on April 30 * 2005


oh my how funny is this !!!! when I was 13 or so..a hair colour rinse was produced and let loose onto the beauty market called 'magic silver white '.... you put a few drops into some water and rinsed it through your hair. It was supposed to give your hair a kind of silvery, shimmery look. Of course being a teenager in the 1970's, I wanted to be dramatic and decided that half a bottle through my hair would be sure to make it noticeable. well that worked didn't it !!! I had a head full of bright purple hair, mixed with the silvery colour....it certainly was dramatic. My mum and dad didnt think so though and they weren't impressed with the purple ring left on the hand basin in the bathroom. There was also another version called magic silver rose...which gave pink and silver hues to the hair ~ purple was my preference

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Robyn,
I loved this post! Reminds me of when I was a teenager and I used something called Touch of Sun or that was supposed to add natural highlights when you sprayed in on and sat in the sun. Well this stuff turned my dark blonde hair a nasty shade of orange. Ha~what we girls do to try and make ourselves pretty! What is it with women and their hair~seems we are never satisfied,I am at the stage in my life now that as long as it is clean and well kept that is good enough for me. My daughter actually trims my hair about once a month,very choppy do which I love and once in a blue moon I will add some highlights to blend in some of that gray,I don't mind the gray color really, it's the texture I don't care for~very wiry and dry. Anyway,Robyn,thanks for the post it gave me a good giggle!

11:40 pm  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

This reminds me of when Anne of Green Gables had bought the hair dye from the peddler. Your parents must have had a good laugh later on over your new 'look'. I'm sorry to say Robyn, your e-mails aren't showing up.
= ( Will you try me again please?

3:14 am  
Blogger Amy said...

oh I remember doing this sort of thing but I was a teenager in the 1980's when big punk kind of hair was in so once I brought a black hair dye put it through my already frequently dyed hair and then wondered why it went blue lol

6:15 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL Robyn, you do bring back some incredible memories! I used to use Magic Silver White too, as my hair back then was still very fair, and looked rather nice with that touch of purply-silver. But the purple ring around the basin was something else - my Dad made me clean it up everytime he saw it!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home