daily parcels * tied up in string *: simple but from the heart <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

September 07, 2005

simple but from the heart


yesterday, on her way home from school ms*sophie picked me a bunch of wild freesias. I have been meaning to do this for over a week and just haven't got around to it. These simple freesias grow all over near our home.....along the road, in vacant paddocks & around the town water tank. I put them in an old electric jug, right next to my sink....the perfume of these simple flowers is just divine

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

What heavenly perfume for your kitchen. The white Freesias seem to have much more perfume than the coloured ones; although the latter are quite stunning in their range of colours.

9:50 am  
Blogger Kali said...

I adore Freesias, and their perfume is divine, mmmmm ~ what a sweet gesture from your girl :)

9:59 am  
Blogger Shell said...

You have wild fresias growing near you? Waaahh, I'm so jealous! I've got loads of bindies popping up at the moment - driving me nuts but it will be worse in a few weeks I bet - and it's too late to spray. Now, I'm ranting.

What a lovely gift anyway. And I think your vintage portrait idea is great. I have some lovely old hats that my grandmother gave me that she and her mother, and her grandmother used to wear! I also have her wedding dress and some lovely other vintage clothes I can dress up in. What fun!

10:03 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Thats so pretty! Thats taking time to stop and smell the flowers. Our daughter bought a dozen yellow roses to put just one a night in her Grams hand and we are enjoying the rest of them at home. Simple pleasures from God, what could be better.

1:45 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

Wild freesias growing near the your house, How wonderful!

11:10 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

there I go again, thinking faster than I type, (the your house).

Wild freesias growing near your house, How wonderful!

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home