daily parcels * tied up in string *: a vintage *find* <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6170455123144345630', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Culburra Beach , NSW, Australia

I live in Australia, my ancestry is in Cornwall. a Celt. a hedgewitch of sorts. I am an Earth Healer. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. A gypsy. An eccentric. a mystic. I am a searcher, a seeker, a pilgrim on Earth. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. I love to dream, to walk and to wonder

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

February 12, 2006

a vintage *find*

oh, you will never believe what I just found in our local vintage junk shop - an old, worn & tattered, threadbare, overstuffed & comfortable chesterfield for $100!

I was browsing through an old Victoria magazine a few days ago

and saw this beautiful room !



I know I can't duplicate exactly * as I am a little more eclectic & out there than 'all white' ~ so I will put my style on it & hopefully come up with something similar * I am even thinking seriously of the potted palms, I just have to find myself a round coffee table and I have an old chimney pot in my garden.......

15 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

How fun...go for it! Looks like you've gotten the most important piece of furniture in the room. If you can't find a coffe table maybe a round kitchen table with the post shortened. If we ever get a new dining table, thats what I want to do, have my hubby cut the legs down to use as a coffe table. A few years ago we were in the Dr's. waiting room and she had this huge comfy leather sofa and baskets of magazines and lots of natural daylight. I wanted to make a room just like that...so bad. We did get a comfy leather couch and a basket of magazines. So I know just how you feel...I think..smile. I'll look forward to seeing what else you find and seeing pictures.

1:02 pm  
Blogger HomemakerAng said...

WHAT A STEAL OF A DEAL! and i love the couch! Is it leather? even if it is not it is beautiful!

2:30 pm  
Blogger Calidore said...

Please can I come shopping with you when next you check out the op/junk shops? What a find. I wish there were shops like that here.

2:43 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

oooh that is gorgeous - what an awesome find!

4:01 pm  
Blogger dolly said...

can't believe you picked that up for $100, lucky you - love the magazine spread!

Oh and I love Judi Dench, I'm looking forward to seeing that movie too

hope you are enjoying the weather - we have been to a carnival on the beach - a long drawn out but excellent day!

dollx

4:21 pm  
Blogger Flossy said...

What a bargain! Don't forget to show us the finished room when you get it done :)

Hope you had a happy day today.

Hugs to you xx

9:16 pm  
Blogger BrocanteHome said...

You lucky cow, you!
I am sooooo jealous.

9:32 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh what a great find! Congratulation dear!

I'd love to have windows and shutters like the ones in your picture!

9:37 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

That Chesterfield looks so delightfully comfortable I'm falling asleep just thinking about it ...lol. I assume you bought it? Sounds like you've got a great project on your hands. Enjoy.

10:24 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

Sooooo Ernest Hemmingway. I love the whole white... leather... shiny leafed plants... huge ceiling fans... willowing curtains... Mmmm, very breazy and tropical. I have completed my 'Tag', thank you.

11:00 pm  
Blogger berryhead said...

oooh lawd! What a find Ms! and what a steal! Have fun with it you lucky duck:)!

12:53 am  
Blogger Mindy said...

What a find!!! Lucky lady! I love the legs on the sofa...can't waiat to see what you will do with this, have fun!

3:28 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

Now I am trying to wait patiently to see a photo of the room with the sofa when you have finished your magic. You got a great bargain.

6:59 am  
Blogger The Rich Gypsy said...

What a find Robyn! Darn, I just sold a gorgeous old European table similar to that one ... mind you, shipping would have been a nightmare. Love the look of that room ~ I love all my 'stuff' but don't you just have days when you just want it all out of the way (a momentary lapse?).

7:10 am  
Blogger Dawn said...

You WILL post pics when the room makeover is complete????
please?

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home