daily parcels * tied up in string *: THE WEDDING of the year <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

October 26, 2005

THE WEDDING of the year


yes ladies ! this wedding was to rival that of Princess Dianas to Charles !
we woke at about 6am, couldn't sleep any longer
& all the girls immediately put cucumber on their eyes
- a vintage touch ! keeps puffiness down.
then we went off to the hairdressers at 8am
* came home around 11 and the makeup artist was there to make us all beautiful
..... the photographer arrived at 11.30 - don't they take over !!!!
and then time flew
- the cars arrived and we were all on our way - it was all a blur.
The rain had held of all morning
but it started to rain as we were getting in the cars & poured til we got to the church
* then the sun came out.....
what a relief
& *thanks for all the prayers - they were definately answered*
the wedding ceremony was lovely
Garth the groom was crying as my gorgeous daughter walked down the aisle...
then on to the reception
- food, music, wine - all wonderful.
The speeches were all really lovely and they loved the quilt.
this is what I said when I gave them the quilt at the reception:

when Louisa and Garth told me they were thinking of getting engaged – I
immediately thought ‘wedding quilt’

– which means I had to start something and
also finish it and I had about a year to do it .

This quilt is a labour of love
– many dramas have happened while I was working on it

* you just don’t know how
relieved I was when that last stitch was done.

So Louisa & Garth - I hope your life is like this
quilt –

made with love ; keeping you warm & safe through the many ups &
downs that come with life -

9 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

where is my vintage hankie when I need it... that speech was so beautiful just like the mother of the bride.

7:20 am  
Blogger Alice said...

I bet Garth's were not the only tears shed that day. I'm sure you shed a few whilst you presented them with that beautiful quilt and made such a lovely speech.

What a wonderful day to remember forever.

7:20 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a priceless day the wedding day must have been, I love hearing about everything and seeing your wonderful pictures. I love it that the groom was moved to tears. I'll bet the mother of the bride loved it more = ). The gowns are so pretty, I like the color and design too. How special for the sun to come out and shine upon all the happiness!

12:20 pm  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Forgot to say, I think your wedding quilt was a wonderful idea too! What a treasure for your daughter.

12:21 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

aww what a precious day, that's so cool that Garth had tears in his eyes. Not many guys show their emotions like that.

1:30 pm  
Blogger Laurie said...

I love the idea of a wedding quilt ~to be treasured always~ and what a lovely speech!

12:51 am  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

That is so sweet, I 'd like to have a quilt like that one too! Love all your turquoise dresses.

12:14 am  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Beautiful :-)

2:35 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Robyn, I have been trying to post comments on your blog for three days, but for some reason they just don't 'stick', so I do hope this works. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your wedding photos and description! You all looked beautiful - loved the blue of the girls' dresses! Your speech would do credit to a Toastmaster - perfect speech for a perfect quilt..

3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home