yes ladies ! this wedding was to rival that of Princess Dianas to Charles !
we woke at about 6am, couldn't sleep any longer
& all the girls immediately put cucumber on their eyes
- a vintage touch ! keeps puffiness down.
then we went off to the hairdressers at 8am
* came home around 11 and the makeup artist was there to make us all beautiful
..... the photographer arrived at 11.30 - don't they take over !!!!
and then time flew
- the cars arrived and we were all on our way - it was all a blur.
The rain had held of all morning
but it started to rain as we were getting in the cars & poured til we got to the church
* then the sun came out.....
what a relief
& *thanks for all the prayers - they were definately answered*
the wedding ceremony was lovely
Garth the groom was crying as my gorgeous daughter walked down the aisle...
then on to the reception
- food, music, wine - all wonderful.
The speeches were all really lovely and they loved the quilt.
this is what I said when I gave them the quilt at the reception:
when Louisa and Garth told me they were thinking of getting engaged – I
immediately thought ‘wedding quilt’
– which means I had to start something and
also finish it and I had about a year to do it .
This quilt is a labour of love
– many dramas have happened while I was working on it
* you just don’t know how
relieved I was when that last stitch was done.
So Louisa & Garth - I hope your life is like this
made with love ; keeping you warm & safe through the many ups &
downs that come with life -