daily parcels * tied up in string *: housekeeping ~ October 4 <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6170455123144345630', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Culburra Beach , NSW, Australia

I live in Australia, my ancestry is in Cornwall. a Celt. a hedgewitch of sorts. I am an Earth Healer. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. A gypsy. An eccentric. a mystic. I am a searcher, a seeker, a pilgrim on Earth. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. I love to dream, to walk and to wonder

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

October 04, 2005

housekeeping ~ October 4

I have a spare room
- it was ms*louisa's til she moved into her own little home over a year ago. Now it is spare - supposedly a sitting room
* nice and quiet for a gal to sit and read or just ponder
* however as spare rooms seem to do it has become a dumping ground for all. As well as a place where my ironing board stands ready ( what for I don't know!) and in the last few weeks it has become my collage room where I work on the collages for the swap. And however neat and tidy I try to be, it just doesn't quite look tidy....magazines, bits n pieces and half finished blogs all over the floor.
spring clean is yelling at me !! so that is what I am doing today - giving the sitting room a thorough spring clean (forget calling it a spare, 'cause that just encourages it to be untidy - don't you think?) - I am pulling all the furniture out from the wall and vacuuming the skirting boards, then I will wash them down with a mixture of hot water, lavender oil, a teeny drop of pure soap detergent & a drop or two of linseed oil * push the furniture back where it is going to go * vacuum rest of carpets * vacuum curtains & then wash the windows inside and out. Take my big bunch of flowers out side and give them a shake, pick up the ones that fall off and put it all back together( this bunch is the one and only fake bunch I have). open cupboard doors and shreek ~check that all dvd's are in their right covers. vacuum books on the bookshelf * dust shelves and other furniture & wipe over with lavender furniture polish.
That's it for the year. I only spring clean once a year - and I find that by doing my regular cleaning each week, that is all I need to do. Excepting of course for ms*sophies room that always looks like it needs spring cleaning !
After that - I can stand back & admire what I have achieved * light a tea light or two and close the french doors......and promise myself that in future I will always tidy up as I go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I've been doing lots of spring cleaning too, the house feels lighter and brighter because of it.

7:50 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Gosh Ms Robyn, how we differ in our methods of housework! Today being one of my 'off work' days, I happily sat in a sunny spot and stitched, until about 5 pm when I heard a weather forecast for rain. I do three loads of washing for one of my home care clients every Monday, hanging it all out on her clothes line. On Wednesdays, I take it off the line and put everything away. As she only lives a few streets away from me, if it looks like rain on Tuesday or early Wednesday, I dive around to her home and take everything off the line, ready to fold and put away the next day. SSSHH - we carers are not supposed to do extras like this, but it is far more convenient for both of us when I do it! So today I took off in my car, calling out to Ken on the way "I'm going to get P's washing off the line", to which I heard him mutter "what about doing OUR housework for a change". Oh dear...well I don't blame him. I hadn't vaccumed or washed floors for a few weeks. So as soon as I got home, I flew around like a whirlwind and did the whole lot. Now I am totally exhausted!!!

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home