daily parcels * tied up in string *: brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11982689\x26blogName\x3ddaily+parcels+*+tied+up+in+string+*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7305813461985210591', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

daily parcels * tied up in string *

daily musings of a vintage addict * I am totally obsessed with all things vintage * trying to keep up with my past...and sometimes ordinary everyday life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.

Plan ahead and dream of all the beautiful things that life has to offer

August 14, 2005

brown*paper*parcels ~ memories are made of this

from brown-paper-parcels on April 23 2005 *



I remember when I was a little girl about 6 or so and my mum took me to the local school fete. I won two prizes on hoopla ~ one was a brooch with small violets and the other ~ just a saucer..no cup. I was absolutely thrilled ! It was so dainty, with tiny little flowers and gold rim. I felt so lucky to own such a treasure and even back then I remember feeling those heart pulls to times past. I went to put it in my bag and it missed the opening and fell to the floor. I was devastated, here it was just smashed into pieces. I sat and cried and cried with the pieces in my hands. I have a passion for old chipped saucers now ~ am I mad ? no just sentimental

*sit your favourite bottle of lavender hand wash on a pretty floral saucer *hang 3 on a wall ~ vertically *have stacks of saucers just sitting around your home ~looking pretty *burn tea lights on pretty saucers *use unmatched cups and saucers for your pampering tray

6 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

I was so touched when I first read that story about lil' ms*robyn...& it still makes me feel awwww.
As for your passion on old saucers ~ can never have too many of those!

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I love old cups and saucers, I inherited some from one of my late grandmothers. I love them simply because they are old and they were used and loved by people I loved. I can understand your passion. What happened to those fetes and fairs we use to go to? We never seem to see them now.

11:04 am  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You knew 'special' even back then I'd say : ). I too love cups and saucers. For quite a while we collected 'Virginia Rose' dishs. Great ideas for displaying and using them. Don't you just love the thing where they glue the cup onto the saucer and glue that onto a dowel rod and put it in the flower bed with bird seed in it. OOh so many pretties....Thanks for the encouraging words about art...maybe some day. Grandma Moses didn't paint her masterpieces till she was up in years. : )

12:32 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

I have a tea party christmas tree. I find pretty mismatched cups and saucers, glue the cups to the saucers and tie a pretty ribbon to the cups handle and hang on them on the tree branches. I found an old teapot and got a friend to drill a hole in the bottom, glued the lid on and used it as a tree topper. Love all your ideals for saucers....... thanks

12:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great ideas for the saucers - I might rescue some of mine from inside the cupboard and put them on display.

1:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home